Why I used Calibre instead of MobiPocket
MobiPocket is recommended by Kindle. I tried it first and everything went well until I
tried to create the hyperlinked table of contents (TOC) in the ebook. Nothing I tried worked: not the version with a Word-created hyperlinked TOC, and not the
version after I took out the Word-created TOC, or any other version. While browsing an online forum, I found posts from people with the same problem. One poster informed us the problem was caused by using InternetExplorer 9 for the download of MobiPocket. He recommended uninstalling InternetExplorer9 and installing InternetExplorer8– then downloading MobiPocket converter and reader again. The next poster wrote it was
easier to just download Calibre to use instead. So that’s what I did. It worked.